Our Vision for Lydeard St Lawrence School
Our vision is to enable our children to become outward looking, curious, innovative individuals, who learn in a school which has creativity, inclusivity and holistic learning at its core.
Our School Values
Our values were chosen through a process of collaboration with our student school and arts councils, governors and staff. These values are at the heart of everything that we do in our school:
- We are resilient – we understand that learning is a journey at that risks and mistakes are part of how we learn.
- We are curious – We wonder about the world. We discover new things, we challenge and question.
- We are proud – We take pride all we do, our school, our learning and ourselves
- We Care – we think about our community and the wider the world. We respect each other, we are kind and fair.
- We are ambitious- There is no limit to what we can achieve.
- We are unique – We value differences and originality. We are independent, creative and authentic
This will be achieved by valuing and promoting:
- High quality teaching and learning
- Outstanding behaviour
- A rich and stimulating learning environment
- A variety of opportunities for all learners in the curriculum
- A high level of independence in all pupils
- Empowerment of pupils by involving them in lesson planning
- Responsibility of all learners to move their learning forward
- Inclusion of parents, guardians and the wider community in supporting the learning journey
- Our vision which is at the core of everything we do